Sometimes I drink too much at a party or at a bar.
That means, I get to deal with a long and drunken walk home.
It’s always an adventure, although not one I always remember.
My friends and I have collected some pretty crazy stories about our walks home over the past few years of college.
I would like to share some of those stories with you.
Here is part 1!
- This was probably one of the most fun walks home I’ve had. I was travelling with a friend back to our house after a night of karaoke. It is a downhill walk home, fairly steep at times. it was also the beginnings of the great ice storm earlier this year. The roads were covered in ice already, so we got to drunkenly ice skate the whole way home, and we only fell a couple of times!
- Speaking of fun ways of moving, one time I tried to convince my friends to let me do somersaults the whole way home. They wouldn’t let me, so I sprinted ahead and did it anyway. That made for a painful morning after.
- Sometimes, I need food to make it home. Once, I stopped to get pizza and accidentally ordered one PIZZA instead of one slice. I then thought I had to wait until I got home to eat it, so I ran the whole way home. Just me and my pizza box.
- On the topic of food tours, I used to live next door to McDonalds. As a small college town, we are lucky enough to be allowed to walk through the drive-through. Sometimes, we feel guilty about walking so we all pile into an invisible “car.” I’m the driver because I make the best car sounds.
- Another detour I like to take is for kissing breaks. If a girl is going home with me, chances are good that I want to stop and make out along the way. Usually this just involves standing, but on occasion it gets heated and we end up rolling around in the grass. This wouldn’t be a problem, except I’m allergic to grass.